Thursday 15 September 2011

A little Rant...

Almost the end of the 2011 Wedding season. Still have another dozen wedding to cover this year but after a few weeks break with my family (Lucy, Ariana, Amelie & Billy) spent in the wonderful Fuerteventura, i've bee flat out processing the back log of wedding photos for my couples.

Each wedding takes me almost a week of processing for full resolution files, internet/facebook proofs, private web proof gallery, and video intro for the gallery. Plus the archiving of each job.

Phwee... maybe next year I shouldn't have a holiday, just stay home and work.

Anyway the reason for this blog is to get a few gripes off my chest.

More and more guest actually pass me their camera and ask me to take a photo for them..
Which I find unbelievable. I guess these guest also ask the 'Chef' to quickly bake the part baked rolls they have bought.

More and more guests 'Lurking' behind the bride just has she is about to walk down the isle, and I end up with shots of them in the background clutching their cameras, totally ruining such a special moment.

Group photos, something most couples want to get over with as quickly as possible, to enable them to relax and enjoy the reception drinks. When i set up a group photo I need everyones attention to get it right quickly. Usually theres always guest standing exactly where I need to stand to take the shot. When they move out the way, they carry on shooting and some of the guest are still looking towards them instead of my camera. Very frustrating, as this makes the whole process longer! Please get out of my way, the bridge & groom are paying me to do this for them properly.


More and more vicars are banning photography during the service, which I understand a ban for guest's using flash etc, but when your a full time Pro wedding photographer (not using flash) is a real shame. My couples have chosen that particular church and want to look back and remember it. More & more vicars talk to us photographers like we are a piece of S***. 'Good will to all men, except photographers'.

Now I'm going to have a pop at the Catering. Several wedding this year along have been spoilt by Slow service. Generally 100 mins is the average for 100 guest with a three course wedding breakfast. But when your into the third hour of service something seriously has gone wrong. Not only does this spoil the vibe of the day, but it has a massive knock on effect for the rest of the day.. Evening guest are arriving, light has gone so the chance of getting some 'Golden Hour' shots of the couple are gone! All because the Caterers have taken on a job that they cannot do!

No comments:

Post a Comment